Carpet Cleaning Tips
Tips to Remember when Cleaning your Carpet
- Dirt causes wear and tear to your carpet. Vacuuming your carpet more frequently will help to avoid excessive wear and tear.
- Test your carpet before scrubbing, extracting or spotting. All carpets are different. Some carpets are very sensitive to acid type cleaners and will lose their color quickly. Other carpet dyes are sensitive to harsh alkalis.
- Most of the stains in your carpet can be remove by some type of cleaning product easily found in most stores, but keep in mind the longer the stain is left in the carpet, the more difficult it will be to clean it up. Tackle stains immediately!
- Read the labels and follow the instructions on the label with all carpet cleaning products.
- Avoid digging or brushing the spots because the spot may spread, try to scrape the spot towards the middle.
- Avoid overwhelming your carpet with cleaning chemicals, they could actually burn your carpet or leave some residual and create another spot.
- Mold and mildew can be treated with non-chlorine or lemon juice and salt solution for fabrics with a multitude of colors.
- Hydrogen peroxide also helps to remove stains, but test prior to use to determine that the carpet is not harmed.
If you are not happy with your results and need help, please don't hesitate to contact us, we're glad to assist.